- Schools will maintain their own records of student fitness.
- Schools should measure students’ fitness at the beginning, midpoint, and the end of the school year, and identify students who maintained overall high levels of fitness, as well as students who achieved strong gains in overall fitness.
- Schools are not required to participate in the Fitness Incentive.
- Schools will receive Fitness Incentives funds that they may choose to use at their discretion to motivate students to pursue healthy lifestyle choices and overall improved health.
- Schools should report on their Fitness Incentive Program to the NEF once per month throughout the year.